Frequently Asked Question
Add a guest to your team
Last Updated 8 months ago
Guests must have a Microsoft 365 work or school account. If the guest doesn’t yet have a Microsoft account associated with their email address, they will be directed to create one for free.
To add a guest to your team in Teams:
- Select Teams and go to the team in your team list.
- Select More options > Add member.
- Enter the guest's email address. Anyone with a business or consumer email account, such as Outlook, Gmail, or others, can join your team as a guest.
- Add your guest's name. Select Edit guest information and type a friendly name for them. Be sure to take the time to do this now—you’ll need the help of an IT admin to do it later.
- Click Add. Guests will receive a welcome email invitation