Frequently Asked Question
Schedule a Teams meetingThere are several ways to schedule a meeting in Teams:
- Select Schedule a meeting in a chat (below the box where you type a new message) to book a meeting with the people in the chat.
- Go to Calendar on the left side of the app and select New meeting in the top right corner.
- Select a range of time in the calendar. A scheduling form will pop open.
Make it a channel meeting
- Select New meeting.
- Type the name of a channel where it says Add channel (under the time and date fields).
Invite people outside your organization
Teams lets you invite people outside your organization, including those who don't have a Teams license. You'll need their full email address to invite them.
- Go to where it says Add required attendees. If anyone is an optional attendee, select Optional instead.
- Type the person's full email address (ex: Joe@example.com).
- Select Invite. They'll receive an email with a link to the meeting.